Saturday, January 7, 2012

I Love my Weekends

The dilemma today...should I go up to the pro-shop this afternoon, of should I stay home in my Jammie's?  I could wear my Jammie's to the pro-shop, except they are Halloween Jammie pants, and I just don't feel comfortable wearing "seasonal" out of season.  Out in public, anyway (and I do kinda not like wearing them at home, but I like how these fit, just long enough, just baggy enough, perfect).  

My thought in the shower this morning - I am going to make a few simple shirts and pants, in a muslin or a linen fabric, neutral colors... (I feel very strongly about these thoughts I have in the shower).  I've had this thought before, but haven't acted  on it.  I'm not a fashion hound by any means, I'll be the canvas for the accessories.  

Because I just never know what my next phase of creating will be.  Right now I'm happy as can be with my little felt critters, but before that it was handbags (big ones), and I was seriously looking into making puppets.  I went through a "feed bag" stage, making what I thought were very cool dresses and jackets, and I did sell a few things...but my point here is that I just never know when a thought is going to occur to me to try something new.  

And I really love some of the handmade jewelry I've been seeing on Pintrest!  

There's a new picture in the photo stream up there.  If anyone were reading this, I'd offer up a shout out to the first one that picked out the new one, but that's kinda moot, for the moment anyway.  

(This is the new one)

(I just figured out how to put a pic there.  Woot for the noob!)

It makes my weekend so much more pleasant when the weather is so nice.  Especially in January.  He can golf, I have the house to myself.  Love That.

Tomorrow morning, I will have coffee while I go through the Sunday paper.  My favorite part of the weekend.   I especially like it when I don't actually have to go outside to get it, but I do now and then, it's not like I'm spoiled or anything.  

I have another elephant to put together this afternoon, for one of my daughter's friends that I really like.  Another friend of hers is crocheting a gray winter hat for me, she may get this little gray elephant in return.  

That's probably enough rambling for today.  Enjoy your weekend!  

xxoo





1 comment:

  1. I think that accessories make an outfit. I'd rather have simple pieces that I can decorate up with necklaces, rings, scarves, etc...than outfits that can only be worn with certain things.

    I hope I get some coupons in the mail soon! :) I have a package to mail out to you...hopefully I can get up to the post office on Monday!

    ReplyDelete