Saturday, January 14, 2012

Saturday Morning oops, Afternoon


I've been to Wally World this morning...I swear, again, that I am never going on a Saturday again.  

I had my eye on a couple of Christmas Sweaters I was going to snag at half-price, but apparently someone else in this town had the same idea.  They had some cute turtlenecks for a dollar, but I can't wear a turtleneck longer than 2 mins.   

Dinner was the conversation over morning coffee.  Like he doesn't remember from yesterday and the day before, and last year, and the year before that, that I don't want to talk about food first thing in the morning.  Seriously, my eyes are still squinting, my coffee is still brewing...and besides that, there are 7 -10 dinners that he will eat, so just pick one it doesn't matter, just pick.  

Because if he really cared to know what I'd like for dinner, it would be some new recipe that I'd found and was really wanting to try out, it sounds delicious...but when I shared that with him he would say, and I quote, "That's just fine if you want to do that for you, but I'll have *insert 1 - 10 here*."

How fun is it to cook something new to be the only one eating it?  I mean, it would be awesome if I were alone, but when there's someone else sitting right across the table from you eating the same old same old bland bland bland, it's just awful.  You want to share what you have created with food stuff, with your own hands, with the one that you "love."  I'm right, right?  

You've tasted it, you know it is the best thing you've ever had, you want someone else to taste it to confirm.  It's normal to want some approval/acceptance/notice that you have done something creative and talented with your own hands.

You shoulda see him when I made tacos with turkey meat instead of hamburger!  *gs*  He'd been thinking all day about those tacos, I knew he had been...he made one itty bitty burrito, took one itty bitty bite of the tortilla, threw it in the trash.  Hilarious, looking back.  At the time, yeah, it was hilarious then, too.  

So, for dinner tonight, he's going to Sonic.  I'm having a frozen oriental dinner thing.  

Play Nice!    

No comments:

Post a Comment