Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The End of January

I have a funny feeling that I will be traveling in February.  My darling daughter is feeling a little homesick for me.  My new granddaughter is growing very quickly, and I think I could stand to be gone for a couple of weeks.

Last time I was there, we were waiting for Granddaughter to arrive.  She was late.  It was cold. I will talk to him about it soon.

First I will figure out where I want to stay overnight on my trip there and back.  Last time was my first time stopping half way, the time before, I had my young son with me.  I will choose more carefully the places I stay and the towns I stay in.  Now that I kinda know...coming home last time, I got caught driving in the dark for longer than I was comfortable for.  Do not want that to happen again.

Mr. Stubborn is off his sick bed, and back out to the golf course.  Unseasonably warm winter, thanks to the Good Lord Above.  He's still sleeping across the hall, due to his deep cough.  My days are back to "normal" and my nights, well, I seriously could get used to this.  As it is now, he likes to come in to watch TV for a little bit.  While he's watching TV, he also is watching the never ending golf videos on YouTube...checking his emails, which are usually golf videos that his golf friends have found on YouTube, and now, for some reason that I don't know, we are watching "Wheel of Fortune" every night.  Now if he'd go across the hall after that, that would be ideal.  He could watch whatever, and I could watch my whatever, and we'd both be happy.  But, that's not how it goes.

He will flip through the Netflix offerings, what he has in Instant Que, won't be able to decide for a long time, then he'll pick some war movie or something, so out come my ear buds (but I can still hear the warring and shooting from his movie because apparently he's deaf now) to watch my whatever on Netflix on my computer while I work on a Critter.

There's no communication, because of the ear buds.  At least from across the hall, we can converse...well, after I say something then he says, "What?" and I go over to where he can see me because apparently he can't hear me unless he can see me...

I've been busy with my Critters, as you can see by the photo stream above.  I really, really like how the Zebras turned out.

I have some pink cheetah print, too.  I ran up to Hancock Fabrics last Friday.  It was a cold, gray day, but I needed to get outta the house.  Got a Huglight, too.  It's a flashlight that you can drape around your neck, LED lights with 3 settings, really makes my hand sewing go a lot faster, smoother, and accurate.  Imagine that, easier to sew when you can see what you are sewing?  I got mine at Target, for $9.99.  2 AAA batteries.  Awesome invention.



No comments:

Post a Comment